Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Art of Packing

It's 1:59am and here I am blogging. Awesome. Just what I need...another hobby/reason to keep me up at night.

We are in full fledge insomnia mode . You wouldn't guess that I have been up for almost 24hrs moving, packing and wishing I was one of those people who owned one pair of shoes, a Mavericks tailgating chair, a wii and a very very large bottle of wine. 
(Is it wrong to buy the bigger bottle if it's on sale?)

What is it about moving that brings out the meanness, grouchiness and down right insane whining in people? Oh wait...I'm talking about myself. 
I HATE MOVING! 
I'm one of those people that just starts to question every decision I have ever made in my life that led me to this point were I'm on my 16th trip up the stairs and everything in my body is burning. " Why didn't I turn left at the fork in my life?  
Left: laziness/no goals in life.
Right: living out my dreams. ? WHYYYY!? 

The cherry on top was when my family spread like cockroaches when I pulled up driving a 17' Uhaul truck. (if you don't know me...I'm not the best driver. For some reason curbs really like my car)
Okay enough of the complaining. Let me get to the real reason for this entry at 2am. 

Moms & Packing. 

What is it about moms and their ability to know everything there is to know about packing? Since I turn into a 5 year old when I'm packing or moving my mom gave me one responsibility...Pack the towels. (Yep, that's all I'm allowed and trusted to do.) I start loading the box with towels and just as I start to think..."Look at me rocking this out...I'm ready for bigger and better boxes." I look over and my mom has some how got half the room put into one box when I'm barely getting three towels to fit in my box?. wth. I just don't understand how moms just know how to get 500 things into one box when the box is the size of a shoe. It's an ART I tell ya! 
I'm speechless and in awe

So here is a shout out to my mama and every awesome mom out there that knows how to pack a box!!!!! 
Brava. Much respect. 


1 comment: