Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Girls Who Eat 1.0



So I had my first negative blog comment! Yay me.
I'm a hit! 
I knew I'd make the big time.

Mr. Sensitive commented on my Food vs. Me post from a couple of weeks ago. 
"Wow, you say you have only been here a couple of months and you have been to all of these places!? You are for sure a girl who likes to eat! This could be why you're single!"

Oh my gosh...is that why I'm single? Awesome. 

Well as Oprah once said, "I will not use my platform to promote negativity!"


So here's to my biggest fan....Mr. Sensitive! xoxo smooches


Announcement...
I'm a Girl Who Eats.

On that note:
Here is my Chicago food recommendation of the week: 


If I ever found myself in a situation like Natalie Portman in the movie V for Vendetta; and someone asked me "What would you like your last meal to be before we take you out behind the chemical sheds?" I would without a doubt say...
"Umm hello Mr. Executor, Can you do me a solid and run down to 2121 N. Clark and pick me up a half pounder pizza pot pie? Thanks pookie!"

Last night I had the pleasure of having dinner with  a great friend and one of the most amazing interior designers I know: Lisa Casey. 
(for anyone who needs design help...give her a shout. She's awesome and she will travel)
As usual when people come to town the first thing they ask is, " What are we eating?" 

Since my only rules are:
-place I have never been 
-no chains. (not hard here)
I was pretty much up for anything. 
We finally settled on Chicago Pizza & Oven Grinder Co. 
Hello heaven.
 
When you walk into this place you feel like you are right at home. From the comfy all wood booths to the family-esqe greeting you receive the moment you open the door. This Tony Soprano type cash only  joint has a straight to the point limited menu; but who needs choices when you see the guy next to you chowing down on what looks like a bread bowl of cheese. 
"Umm yes. Can I have what he's having?" I mean come on. Is there anything better than cheese, meat sauce, door knob size mushrooms and fresh baked bread? Nope. 

So here's to girls who eat!!!! Enjoy!



2 comments:

  1. What a jerk. Guys complain when girls don't eat, when they eat too much, if they order salad,if they go out, if they stay in. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I'm glad that you've gone to all of them so we can go to the best ones when I visit.
    xoxo miss you -EM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously!! Any respectable and decent man wouldn't give two sh*ts about what a girl eats. Hey buddy-there is a whole group of people who love to eat and discuss food-WE'RE CALLED FOODIES!!! Ever heard of us?

    ReplyDelete